Stop the Bullying!!!!!

Hey everyone and thank you for joining me on my blog today! I'd like to take this time to pay my respects to a beautiful 16 year old girl who took her own life under the pressures of #Bullying most importantly #Cyberbullying !! I think the time has come when we need to all start getting a little more REAL!
Stop treating your children as if they are adults and they NEED to be watched, and challenged and GUIDED!! Don't take ANYONE'S word for it and always keep them close and double check everything they say and do. I remember when I was younger my mother never let me do anything without talking to the parents of each friend I was hanging out with and you'd better believe if my family didn't know you and your family.....I was NOT allowed to hang out with you unless it was at school or in the park where my mother could see me from any window(I lived in New York and had a park across the street). Our children need discipline, love, encouragement, guidance, respect and trust BUT most importantly they need US!!! They need us to protect them from harm, we have to as parents become detectives and always know what is going on in our children's lives wether they tell us or not. Some children are afraid to be open about their feelings but if you start from the very beginning by showing them that they can be honest with you and talk to you, chances are you will KNOW when something is not right with your child.
Think of your best friend, you ever just "know" something isn't right? Well with your child it should be no different. Enforce RESPECT, common courtesy, compassion and the importance of knowing that they are JUST CHILDREN. My mother is always honest with me, brutally honest! But it's because of this I ALWAYS respect her and I ALWAYS knew I could trust her. I am making this my mission and it should be yours as well, wether you are a parent or not they may look grown but remember THEY ARE JUST CHILDREN!!!!!! Teaching begins with US! Now please make it your BUSINESS to teach a kid today about the importance of SELF RESPECT and RESPECT for others!!!


Rest in Peace Sweet Jessica, you will not be forgotten. I am deeply saddened by this loss. Jessica Laney was a dear friend to my niece. My birth father committed suicide and I can tell you this.....it is NOT a problem solver. It only creates more questions, and sadness, and pain and regret. Please take your stand NOW!!

As always stay blessed and inspired...... I love all of you please join me in this mission!

-Deanna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting the Swing of Things...

The first of many. . .

Contest? As Sweet as Apple Pie!