Organization Skills, or lack there of...



              Hey everyone! Thank you for joining me. I am finding myself so very busy these days, I'm certain I can't be the only one.  Today I'd like to talk about organizing your day without making yourself feel like you're restraining your time.  

             For many of us with children, that alone can make you feel like time is being sucked out of your day without even being aware it has come and gone...am I right?  I have two young boys; Angel 6, and Gianni 2.  Between waking up and bedtime there are times nothing has been truly accomplished and yet I can't keep my eyes open; it's so late!  Then I think of how, on days where there is so much going on the day feels never ending... What gives? !!! LOL

            The other day I was going through a few thoughts about school for my older son starting soon, while thoughts of my own classes starting up again for fall semester.  I think of how my younger son is growing and learning and I want to be able to do it all.  I stay home with the kids right now thankfully so I can finish school and take care of Gianni at least until next year. When he can join the daycare of our choice.  I try to fill my days with house work, side work, school work, cooking, teaching my toddler new things, and oh boy...so much, MUCH more.  During summer time I find that the schedule is a lot less chaotic in terms of running all around town but there are times I feel I lose time.

            When I am scheduled I seem to accomplish ten times more than when I "wing it" so-to-speak.  I am going to try and in this post of some of the things I decided to use to help keep my tasks from morning, noon and night in order.  From meal planning look outs to a template on excel you can either print and write in the blanks or just type up inside of it from excel and make it your own.  I made it so that I am scheduled literally by the hour from wake up to bedtime MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY ONLY.  On Saturday morning my husband gets haircuts and on Sundays I usually do a load of my husbands uniforms for the work week. Ensuring they're fresh ready to go for Monday morning.  Other than that, I keep my weekends free so that I can enjoy the company of my husband and children all together.  This also ensures that if there is a birthday party or unscheduled time with friends or family, we can be flexible!

            The first thing I'd like to share is The Food Nanny.  I think she is just adorable and she truly loves sharing her passion for time management so that you can eat as a family and build your own traditions.  In my family we always had dinner together every night.  Family gatherings always brings together traditions from our childhoods and this makes it all the more important to spread this to my children for their future and to be certain we grow together as a family that is always together no matter what!  TheFoodNanny.com will allow you templates to plan your meals for a 2 week period and a clever shopping list template will ensure you get everything you need so shopping time is a breeze too!

          The next aspect of keeping my life organized is thanks to the clever assistance of TheCreativeMom.com  This beautiful momma has single handedly assisted me in making sure I do not have to kill myself cleaning all day long SEVEN days a week!  There is a search bar in her main page that will allow you to download her "House of Order" spreadsheet.  This has helped me so much.  I especially love how she adds in a swing day for Friday that ensures you get to do the other chores that somehow turned into "rarely-dones" LOL except sheets....I clean mind quite often, thanks to my drooling toddler who likes to snuggle at 5am.

          I hope these help you and If there are any other things you may want some extra information on or to find out what are some of the sites I use for meal ideas etc. Please don't hesitate to ask!  I welcome your feedback and questions of all sorts.


PS:::::  I am having a hard time figuring out how to add my excel template for my weekly schedule so please if you'd like a copy, write to me. Deanna.julbe@Gmail.com. I will gladly send it to you.  Unless I find a way before then to attach it.... Just know I am working on getting it in here. Until next time...

As always stay Blessed and Inspired!

Love always


Deanna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting the Swing of Things...

The first of many. . .

Contest? As Sweet as Apple Pie!